Taino Organic Farm is a sustainable permaculture farm on the north coast of the Dominican Republic, focused on aquaponics. Our farm is run by our local staff who produce fresh salad and veggies, tilapia, honey and rare tropical fruits.
We are looking for a Spanish speaking sustainable living and agriculture enthusiast to join our team and lead the tourism and education aspects of our program.
Fluent Spanish and English are required as we run tours in both languages, and you will be helping our interns (usually english speaking foreigners) navigate the farm and the surrounding area (cultural translation) and assisting interns with communication difficulties with their educators (our Dominican team).
Your time will be a mix of living alone at the farm or managing a larger group of interns so we need someone who would be happy in both scenarios.
Additional responsibilities include blogging/ taking photos/ videos for the social media manager, setting up meetings with local hotels, tour companies and the like in order to market the farm tour and reaching out to travel groups who run trips to our area to see if they are interested in the farm tour.
Your responsibilities include:
- Approaching local and international businesses, hotels and tour companies to market Farm Tours
- Posting on relevant forums, contacting schools/ universities/ tour companies abroad about getting our tours and internships included.
- Running tours for groups that book https://tainofarm.com/farm-tour-river-float/
- Writing a weekly lifestyle blog for the farm so followers can keep up to date with what’s going on
- Producing content for our marketing/ social media managers
- Grocery shopping for interns
- Helping interns orientate themselves and keeping them on track to meet their learning goals
While doing your own tasks you will also be helping with farm projects, learning how a sustainable farm is financially viable and following our journey from small local provider in one or two restaurants to a major supplier of organic produce across the entire country. Currently we’re in 5 supermarkets and about to create a new delivery route so we still have a long way to go.
This is by no means a beach vacation and it’s not glamping. There will be mud, roosters in the night, bugs, spiders and lot’s of work. For the right person, this is a dream come true.
We provide accomodation (wooden treetop jungle cabins) and food (basic staples and access to farm foods) as well as a local salary and bonus for all interns you recruit into our programs.
We are looking for a commitment of one year or more.
Bonus marks for: If you are an amazing cook with an interest in farm to table cooking, a yoga teacher, a fitness enthusiast, a published writer – please let us know in your application. Preference given for a Dominican national, but not required.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org